Yashoda Hospital provides you with personalised and quality fertility care. We are the regional best fertility hospital. We have dedicated a staff that has helped thousands of couples realize their dreams of creating a family.
We understand that growing infertility problems call the need for effective and advanced solutions that can help childless couples to bring their bundle of joy into their lives. At Yashoda hospital, we follow all the legal and ethical procedures to provide you with effortless surrogacy with proper assistance and guidance. When it comes to patient privacy, we maintain strict congeniality of all the procedures.
What is Surrogacy?
As couples are facing fertility issues to grow their families, surrogacy has emerged as the popular option to bring home a child. It is a common procedure preferred by couples who want to have a genetic child, but are facing trouble conceiving. A surrogate helps the couple in their path to having a child. The surrogate mother is someone who gives her right on the child after birth.
Surrogacy is a form of the assisted reproductive method where the intended parents enter into a legal agreement with the surrogate.
Some of the types of Surrogacy are:
- Traditional Surrogacy: In this form of surrogacy, the surrogate is pregnant with her own biological child, but the child is conceived to relinquish it to the intended couple and raised by them, like a biological father or partner.
- Gestational Surrogacy: In this form of surrogacy, the surrogate conceives the child through embryo transfer, where she is not a biological mother. The women give her rights to the child and relinquish it to the intended couple (the biological mother or father).
Who are the eligible candidates for surrogacy?
Surrogacy is a viable option for women who do not have uterus since birth or those with severe health issues like:
- Uterine anomalies: During a normal pregnancy, fertilization takes place in the fallopian tubes and embryos implants in the lining of the uterus, i.e. the endometrium, where the rest of the pregnancy takes place. However, it becomes difficult for women to conceive or carry a child if there are excessive fibroids and scarring that may damage the lining.
- Underlying health issues: Numerous complications may occur during the pregnancy, and it can even pose a severe threat to the expecting mother and even the unborn child. Some women with underlying health conditions need to manage their health problems by taking regular medications, which may prove fatal for the fetus.
- Chronic health problems: Some medical conditions during pregnancy, such as cardiovascular or renal diseases, can result in multiple complications. This may even pose a serious threat to your unborn baby and the expecting mother.
- Uterine cancer and hysterectomy: Usually, a part of the uterus is removed through surgical procedures for women who are suffering from uterine and cervical cancer. Such women are not able to conceive without a uterus. Sometimes, due to certain risks factors, the procedure has to be performed before the woman has initiated her reproductive life.
- Failed attempts at IVF: IVF procedure is a very reliable method with successful outcomes, but sometimes there is a possibility that the procedure might not work for you. Some of the common reasons behind it could be the ovarian response to the fertility medication, unhealthy uterus or an unhealthy embryo.
- Multiple miscarriages and problems with previous pregnancy: Some women could conceive, but they have trouble in carrying the baby for full nine months. If you have faced multiple miscarriages or had serious issues with your past pregnancies, then the doctor may rule normal pregnancy for you.
Are there any concerns regarding Surrogacy?
Surrogacy is a common option used by millions of couples in India.
- The government had brought a bill to ban commercial surrogacy so that it does not become a business. But altruistic pregnancy is deemed legal.
- Surrogacy does not have an adverse effect on the child, and it may affect the child to a minimal extent.
- If you are using gestational surrogacy, then the child will look like those people that have donated sperm and egg.
Keeping these concerns in mind, Yashoda hospital, offers extensive counselling, on surrogacy, where our doctors cover all possible aspects; beginning from the emotional and psychological implications to determined tests that surrogates should undertake and insemination methods recommendations for conception.