Yashoda Hospital's Department of Psychiatry supports the mental wellbeing of both adult and paediatric patients who suffer from a wide range of problems in the mind and body. Our multidisciplinary team encompasses a broad range of services to treat sexual disorders, schizophrenia, depression, substance use disorder, anxiety, dementia, learning disorders, ADHD, autism, sleep disorders, behavioral issues, or any other form of mind disorders.
Our psychiatrist department has a high success rate within the country. Our mission is to transform mental health care and illness prevention by providing comprehensive medical care that incorporates best psychiatry and mental health practices.
Our department consists of experienced and highly trained psychiatrists, psychologists, neuropsychologists, and paediatric psychologists who follow a multidisciplinary team approach to offer counselling, psychological assessment, and management services concerned with all mental health problems, including addiction.
What is Psychiatry?
Psychiatry is the branch of medicine that aim at diagnosing, treating, mental, preventing emotional, and behavioral disorders. People have to seek psychiatric help for many reasons; these problems could range from a panic attack to hallucinations to thoughts of suicide. Or there may be long-term issues such as hopelessness, feeling of sadness or anxiousness that never to seem to lift, or functioning problems concerned with everyday life to feel distorted or out of control.
Highlights of the Department
- Comprehensive health packages
- The patient-centric approach of psychiatric symptoms
- Evidence-based individual therapy
- Has a Contemporary, result-oriented de-addiction center for various substances of abuse
- Offer both inpatient and outpatient services
- 24X7 Emergency Care
What are the Conditions We Treat at Yashoda Hospital?
Our interdisciplinary team of doctors provides a wide range of services to treat a spectrum of conditions connected to mental health. Some of the significant conditions include:
- Aging disorders and dementias
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Anxiety disorders
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Binge Eating Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Child and adolescent problems (including ADHD, dyslexia, etc.)
- Depressive disorders
- Eating disorders
- Emergency psychiatry
- Learning Disorders and Disabilities
- Mood disorders
- Neuropsychological Conditions
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) in Children
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder
- Panic and phobic disorders
- Personality disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder PTSD
- Psychotic Disorders (schizophrenia, Delusional disorders, MDP, etc.)
- Separation Anxiety Disorder
- Sexual disorders
- Somatic Symptom and Related Disorders
- Substance Use disorders
- Suicide and Teens
- Tourette's syndrome
What are the Comprehensive Services and Treatments Offered at Yashoda Hospital?
Our department offers state-of-the-art facilities and advanced technology for complex and challenging treatments and services to patients with mental illnesses. Some of the leading services we provide at the department include:
- Neuroimaging: It is a diagnostic imaging service utilized for getting the direct or indirect image of the nervous system, providing structure, function, or pharmacology information.
- Neuropsychology: It is a diagnostic imaging service specializing in the assessment and treatment of patients who experience brain injury or disease.
- Psychopharmacology: A scientific study of the impact of drugs or medication used in curing mental disorders. It comprises an analysis of the patient's mood, sensation, thinking, and behaviour.
- Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry/ Psychosomatic Medicine: It is a unique service that provides psychiatric therapy to patients visiting the hospital.
- Emergency Psychiatry Service: The service is used to provide treatment to substance-use, acute psychiatric, and neuropsychiatric emergencies in children and adults
- Medical Psychiatry: It is a unified medical and psychiatry service offering treatment to patients who require psychiatric consultation and care in a multidisciplinary setting.
- Psychiatry Consultation Service: It is an outpatient consultation service offering primary care to patients diagnosed with mental disorders and provide comprehensive medication administration.
- Psychotherapy: It is a speech therapy that treats people with a wide variety of mental illnesses and emotional pressures. Patients will have frequent interactions with the doctor, who will help them conquer their illness in appealing ways with behavioural changes.
- Telepsychiatry: It requires direct interaction between a psychiatrist and the patient. A psychiatric assessment and care are expressed through telecommunications technology.