Best Reconstructive Plastic Surgery in Ghaziabad | Delhi NCR
In the modern era, when the beautiful and youthful appearance has been considered as the most precious asset to the individual, our renowned plastic surgeons give you the confidence to take on the world. Our department of plastic surgery and cosmetology is well-equipped with the advanced infrastructure and technology to perform precise cosmetic & plastic surgeries. Our highly-known experts and experienced team of plastic surgeons offer extensive services which will address your aesthetic and reconstructive needs. We provide comprehensive medical care to offer a perfect, customized solution, which is required to boost your appearance and uncover your intrinsic beauty.
What is reconstructive plastic surgery?
Usually, reconstructive plastic surgery is performed to correct any facial or body abnormalities. These abnormalities are caused due to diseases such breast cancer, injury, birth defects or ageing. Our first priority is to improve body function under reconstructive plastic surgery. However, we also provide plastic surgery to create a normal appearance and enhanced self-esteem.
Abnormal structures of the body may be the cause of:
- Developmental abnormalities
- Birth defects
Who are candidates for reconstructive plastic surgery?
Usually, there are two types of people going for reconstructive plastic surgery, including:
- People with birth defects (such as craniofacial anomalies, cleft lip or hand deformities)
- People with deformities (such as those due to an infection, disease, accident or ageing)
Which Conditions Are Treated Under Reconstructive Plastic Surgery Unit at Yashoda Hospital?
We perform reconstructive plastic surgery to repair deformed body parts and restoring function. It is performed to treat conditions such as:
- Breast reconstruction
- Hand surgery
- Hand surgery for rheumatoid arthritis
- Components separation
- Moebius syndrome
- Open ventral hernia repair
- Craniofacial surgery
- Giant abdominal wall hernia
- Nonmelanoma skin cancer
- Merkel cell carcinoma
- Post-bariatric body contouring
- Breast reconstruction
- Head and neck plastic surgery
- Hand and wrist pain/fractures
- Hand and wrist ligament injuries
- Replant amputations
- Complex wounds
- Skin lesions
- Carpal tunnel
- Trigger finger/thumb
- Thumb arthritis
- Flexor and extensor tendon injuries
- Nerve injuries
- Burn injuries
What Are the Different Types of Procedures Used For Reconstructive Plastic Surgery?
Our team at Yashoda Hospital consists of several well-acclaimed plastic surgeons who perform reconstructive plastic surgery to enhance the general appearance. To restore functionality and to correct the appearance of deformity, we use several procedures including:
- Free Flap Reconstruction for Head and Neck: The doctors perform this method for facial reconstruction after the treatment for head and neck cancer. The surgery gives good results with rapid recovery.
- Reconstructive Microsurgery: The plastic surgeons use an advanced operating microscope to move tissues from one part of the body to another distant part for reconstruction. Our plastic surgeons use precise microsurgical skills to reconstruct defects which result from amputated body parts, several malignant issues, and severed nerves or blood vessels to optimize functional outcome.
- Tissue Expansion: We use the latest advanced treatment for reconstructive surgery. This technique allows the normal skin to expand and cure congenital and post-trauma defects of the body.
- Microsurgical Breast Reconstruction: This is a significant procedure which is used for advanced breast cancer treatment. Women who have undergone a mastectomy or required removal of large breasts have been completely satisfied with this procedure because of its best outcomes.
- Skin Grafting: In this technique, damaged skin is replaced with healthy skin. To cover the large wounds or replace damaged skin by grafting, a section of skin is removed from one part of the body to another. The skin heals on its own from the place where the skin is taken.
- Tangential Excision: We use the latest and advanced treatment to cure and remove any scar which is caused by burns. The technique is a superior method for burn cosmetic results.
- Flap Surgery: Our doctors perform the latest techniques in plastic and reconstructive surgery. Under the flap surgery, the tissue is transferred from a donor site to a recipient site with an intact blood supply. There is a difference between the graft surgeries, which does not rely on intact blood supply.
- Meek Grafting: This procedure is used to treat the burn cases. Our doctors use a minuscule portion of a skin graft for large burn areas. The major advantage of meek grafting are:
- Fewer infections
- Faster healing process
- High cosmetic results
- Requires very small donor sites
- Grafts very easy to manipulate
- Offer fast and uniform epithelialization
- Large expansion ratios
- Excellent graft take
How to Prepare for Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
The surgery is determined by the doctors based on:
- Your medical health, age, and medical history
- The severity of the deformity
- Your tolerance of specific medications, therapies or procedures
- Location of the deformity
- Your opinion or preference
What are the Possible Risks Associated with Reconstructive Plastic Surgery?
Any type of surgery includes some risk. Different patients respond to each surgery differently. Some of the complications and risk that may occur are:
- Excessive bleeding
- Difficulty in wound healing
- Anesthesia problems
- Surgery problems
Some risks exist if a patient:
- Has connective-tissue damage
- Has skin damage from radiation therapy
- Has decreased circulation at the surgery site
- Has HIV (human immunodeficiency virus)
- Has an impaired immune system
- Has poor nutritional habits
However, our trained and experienced doctors use advanced technology and their expertise to reduce these risks as much as possible.