Department of Interventional Radiology at Yashoda Hospital
At Yashoda hospital, our department of Interventional Radiology is a comprehensive department that uses advanced image guidance techniques for providing minimally invasive procedures to treat a broad range of diseases throughout the body.
Our interventional radiology department provides a full range of vascular and Non-Vascular interventions. We have the latest state-of-the-art digital mammography, high-resolution ultrasound & color Doppler services for breast, stereotactic breast biopsy services, vascular, and infertility disorders. The scope of the procedures and techniques is gradually expanded to cover the whole gamut of interventions.
Our Department of Interventional Radiology at Yashoda Hospital
At Yashoda hospital, our interventional radiology department has the most advanced high-quality equipment such as Cath Lab with digital subtraction & 3-D rotational angiography, digital mammography & stereotactic breast biopsy system, premium color Doppler machine, backed by strict quality checks by our experts.
We have an extremely dedicated, experienced, and competent Interventional radiologists that are supported by our highly professional, patient-centric paramedical team.
Traditional surgery techniques that were used have been discarded in preference for the use of minimally invasive, image-guided techniques for various conditions by our internationally recognized Interventional radiologists.
We use minimally invasive techniques because of its many benefits such as less pain, shorter hospital stay, less risk of infection, and quick recovery.
Highlights of the department
- We perform a full cardiac CT scan in a few seconds.
- We provide accurate and greater precision MRI
- To ensure accurate reporting with excellent viewing quality, we have linked Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS) with imaging systems.
Treatment Programs and Services Offered By Us
Our interventional radiology team works in collaboration with oncologists, gynecologists, vascular surgeons, urologists, and other specialties to provide you the most accurate diagnostic services for quality reporting. We have installed advanced imaging equipment and are using techniques to diagnose and for treating a variety of conditions using small catheters and needles.
The services and treatments we offer include:
- Aneurysm coiling
- Aortic aneurysm stent grafting (by non-surgical treatment)
- Catheter-directed thrombolytic therapy: Limb that experiences reduced supply due to clot in veins & an artery is saved by using this technique.
- Chemotherapy for tumours: To reduce the risk of complications with/without surgery, target therapy is used.
- Radiotherapy: Radiation therapy is a type of cancer treatment that utilizes beams of intense energy to kill cancer cells. This therapy uses X-rays, but sometimes proton or other types of energy is also used.
- Embolization of arteriovenous malformations
- Embolization of arterio-venous malformations ( to treat an unusual bunch of vessels without surgery or performing complete removal).
- Endovascular management of post-traumatic pseudoaneurysm
- Image-guided insertion of central lines
- Inferior vena cava filter insertions
- Non-Surgical control of life-threatening bleeding from the:
- gastrointestinal tract (Blood in vomit/stool)
- Genito-urinary tract (blood in urine)
- Respiratory tract (coughing blood)
- Peripheral angiographies & angioplasties (Carotid, mesenteric, Iliac, subclavian, Renal, venous, aortic, below-knee arteries)
- Peripheral Vascular disease screening
- Pre-operative devascularisation of vascular tumours
- Transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunts (TIPS)
- Uterine fibroid embolization
- radiofrequency ablation for Varicose vein ablation / Laser treatment
- Venous angioplasties & stenting
- Biliary stenting
- Fallopian tube recanalization
- Image-guided fine-needle aspiration
- Biopsies from various regions (kidney, breast, liver, tumours & bone)
- Intraoperative ultrasound guidance for removal of non-palpable breast lesions
- Percutaneous drainages of deep-seated abscesses
- Percutaneous nephrostomy
- Percutaneous trans-hepatic biliary drainage
- Radiofrequency ablation of tumours
Mammography & Breast
- Digital Mammography & Tomosynthesis: We use digital Mammography and Tomosynthesis machine to detect breast cancer at an early stage before it becomes palpable. Using X-rays, 3-Dimensional pictures of breasts are taken. In tomosynthesis, about 50 aerial views are taken, which is different from conventional mammograms, which produces two views of the breast. It reduces the overlap of breast tissues and helps in greater evaluation.
- Galactography: Galactography or ductography is a medical diagnostic procedure that is used for viewing the milk ducts. After the injection of a radiopaque substance into the duct system, the radiography of the duct system is performed. This technique is used to investigate the pathology of nipple discharge.
- High-resolution Sonomammography: Sonomammography or breast ultrasound is a non-invasive procedure that is performed by our expert radiologists to assess the breasts and the blood flow to areas inside it. This test helps in the examination of breast tissue to study a mass or lump and is often performed with mammography.
- Stereotactic guided Core breast biopsy
- Ultrasound-guided aspiration of cysts
- Ultrasound-guided breast FNAC
At Yashoda hospital, our radiologists diagnose and aid in treating heart patients from minimally invasive techniques. In the cath lab, we diagnose and treat a wide variety of medical conditions.
A catheterization laboratory, also known as a cath lab, is a special place in a hospital that contains diagnostic imaging equipment. These equipment’s are used to visualize the arteries and the chambers of the heart and treat any stenosis or abnormality detected in the heart.
Here’s a list of procedures performed in our Cath Lab:
- Balloon angioplasty
- Coronary and left ventricular digital angiography
- Coronary intravascular ultrasound
- Right and left heart catheterization
- Rotational artherectomy
- Stent implantation
At Yashoda Hospital, our network of interventional cardiologists performs the latest diagnostic procedures to ensure we get a precise picture of your heart health. These procedures include cardiac biopsy, angiography, and intravascular ultrasound.
Some of the cardiovascular and heart conditions that we diagnose are:
- Congenital heart disease
- Coronary artery disease
- Heart valve problems
- Cardiomyopathy (heart muscle disease)
We provide the following tests that are used to diagnose your heart diseases are:
- Electrocardiogram (ECG): The doctor uses ECG to records the electrical signals that help the doctor in identifying any irregularities in your heart's rhythm and structure. While rest or while exercising, the ECG test will be conducted.
- Holter monitoring: We use a Holter monitor that is a portable device that records continuous ECG, usually for 24 to 72 hours. It helps in finding any heart rhythm irregularities that aren’t found while performing ECG.
- Echocardiogram: Your heart structure and function is shown through detailed images by using an ultrasound of your chest.
- Stress test: The doctor performs this test to check how your heart responds by raising your heart rate with exercise or medicine.
- Cardiac catheterization: A catheter tube is placed into a vein or artery in your leg (groin) or arm and is guided to your heart artery. A dye is injected, which is then seen on an X-ray, and the doctor can check for any abnormalities because of the blood flow through your heart, blood vessels, and valves.
- Cardiac computerized tomography (CT) scan: A X-ray tube inside the machine rotates around your horizontally lying body and collect detailed images of your heart and chest.
- Cardiac magnetic resonance imaging (MRI): This machine helps in evaluating your heart. You are supposed to lie on a table inside a long tube-like machine that generates a magnetic field.
- CABG: Our surgeons also perform Coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG) that improves blood flow to the heart. Our expert technicians and radiologist uses various diagnostic tools to diagnose heart conditions.
- Coronary Angiography: Special X-rays and dye help in finding any irregularities inside the body. This test helps in detecting any blockages of the heart that may cause a heart attack.
Conditions We Treat
Our interventional radiologists are experienced in a wide range of conditions, including:
- Acute and Chronic Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
- Biliary obstruction
- Cancer (liver, bone kidney, and lung)
- Critical limb ischemia
- Dialysis patients
- Diseases of the lymphatic system
- Endoleaks from abdominal aortic aneurysms
- Gastrointestinal bleeding
- Haemodialysis access dysfunction
- Hereditary Haemorrhagic Telangiectasia (HHT)
- Lymphatic, arteriovenous malformation
- Peripheral arterial disease (PAD)
- Peripheral arterial disease/critical limb ischemia (CLI)
- Pulmonary arteriovenous malformations
- Pulmonary embolism
- Uterine fibroids
- Variceal bleeding
- Vascular malformations/varicose and spider veins
- Venous thrombosis
- Women's health conditions (such as pelvic congestion syndrome, uterine fibroids)