Yashoda Hospital is a Multi-speciality hospital offering a broad spectrum of medical, surgical and therapeutic facilities for the treatment of a plethora of health issues. The hospital has an entire department dedicated to laparoscopic surgeries which is managed by a team of experts who have years of experience in the field and are committed to delivering quality healthcare. The department resorts to the use of the latest cutting-edge technology like 3D Laparoscopic with IR Facility for ensuring utmost levels of efficiency and precision.
We understand that different individuals have different medical requirements and hence believe in delivering personalised care where each medical plan is curated by assessing your overall health and taking note of your medical history. We aim at giving you an experience that is at par with excellence and each & every step we take is directed towards it. We have a team of some of the best healthcare professionals and doctors in the country, who with their expertise and preparedness are always open to challenges. No matter how complex your problem is, we will leave no stone unturned in giving you the best results.
Laparoscopic surgeries play a vital role in the diagnosis, assessment and treatment of a variety of medical conditions. The procedure is used in different specialities and sub-specialities to ensure a minimally invasive approach to treat problems that were earlier treated using conventional surgical methods. The surgery is carried out by making very tiny incisions on the body to insert a small tube fixed with a camera. The camera helps to generate live images on an enlarged screen, thereby helping the doctor to study the concerned area in detail and determine any kind of abnormality. The surgeons then carry out the surgery with the help of this imaging guidance, without the need of a longer incision, as in case of the traditional surgery.
Advantages of Laparoscopic Surgery:
Some of the various advantages of Laparoscopic Surgery include:
- Reduced risks of haemorrhage
- Reduced need for blood transfusion owing to minimal blood loss
- Very minimal to no pain owing to minute incisions
- Reduced surgical time
- Shorter hospital stays owing to faster recovery & Early return to work
- Reduced exposure of internal organs to environmental contaminants and infections
- Improved Cosmesis
Various Laparoscopic procedures offered:
- Laparoscopic Gastrectomy – the procedure involves removing stomach cancer with minimal invasion.
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy – It refers to the laparoscopic removal of the gallbladder and is usually performed in case of gallstones.
- Laparoscopic hernia repair – It enables the doctors to treat and repair the hernia via incisions as small as one inch. The imaging guidance helps the doctors to visualize the hernia and treat it without actually accessing it.
- Laparoscopic Esophagectomy – Removing Esopheagal cancers with small incision and few key holes only.
- Laparoscopic Hepatectomy – It is one of the safest techniques to help patients with hepatic malignancies or severe injury or damage to any part of the liver as it enables the doctors to remove a small portion of the liver without the need of carrying out a conventional surgery.
- Laparoscopic Splenectomy – It is considered to be one of the most feasible means of removing the spleen in patients suffering from benign haematological ailments, haematological malignancies, secondary hypersplenism and a variety of anatomic disorders of the spleen.
- Laparoscopic Pancreatectomy – It refers to the surgical removal of the pancreas in patients suffering from pancreatic malignancies, endocrine tumours and chronic pancreatitis.
- Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery – it involves only four or five small keyholes to remove cancers of Large Intestine & Rectum Removal.
Laparoscopic surgery in gynaecology:
Various laparoscopic procedures offered in the speciality of gynaecology include:
- Myomectomy – It enables the doctors to surgically remove the uterine fibroids, thereby negating the need for removing the uterus. This not only helps to treat the problem but also preserve the fertility of women who wish to have a baby in future.
- Hysterectomy – It refers to the surgical removal of the uterus to eliminate the chances of future pregnancy and other fibroid related problems. The procedure is performed via the vaginal opening.
- Bladder support surgery – The surgery is performed to treat people suffering from stress incontinence which refers the loss of urine when you laugh or cough and is usually a result of excessive smoking, obesity, advanced age etc.
- Cystectomy – it is a minimally invasive procedure used to identify and remove cysts or masses from one or both ovaries.
- Salpingectomy – the procedure involves removal of one (unilateral) or both (bilateral) fallopian tubes. This type of surgery uses small incisions. Eggs will no longer be able to travel through the removed tubes.