Minimally Invasive Knee Replacement Surgery: Need, Risk Factors, Benefits, Disadvantages, Best Orthopedics Doctors (surgeons) For Total Knee Replacement Surgery In Ghaziabad & Delhi NCR
Minimally invasive surgery refers to a surgical procedure performed by a surgeon by making a small incision (about 3-4 inches) and working within that area. There are several surgical approaches to knee replacement which are considered to be minimally invasive. Knee arthroplasty also known as total knee replacement surgery is a surgical procedure carried out by orthopaedics surgeons to replace the damaged or worn-out surfaces of the knee. These damaged surfaces are replaced by implants or prosthesis which provide relief in case of any pain and maximum knee mobility.
After minimal invasive surgery, a person can resume back to his or her normal life and perform day-to-day activities. Minimally invasive surgery is suitable for all patients with the goal of reducing pain, ensuring a speedy recovery.
Need for total knee replacement surgery:
Different medical conditions can cause damage to the knees due to which you might need a total knee replacement surgery. These medical conditions are as follows:
- Injury or fracture of knee joint
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Bone tumour in knee joint
Risk factors involved in minimally invasive knee replacement surgery:
Possible complications may include:
- Excessive bleeding
- Blood clots
- Injury to the nearby nerves
- Limited motion of knee
- Loosening of the component of knee
Benefits of the total knee replacement surgery:
Orthopaedics surgeons at Yashoda Hospital & Research Centre, Nehru Nagar, Ghaziabad are highly skilled and experienced in performing various orthopaedics surgeries such as minimally invasive total knee replacement surgery, ACL reconstruction surgery, carpal tunnel release surgery, etc. The major goals of the minimally invasive surgery include:
- Less pain after surgery
- Easy and quicker recovery
- No major scars
- Tiny incisions
- No or less need of blood transfusion during surgery
Other benefits may include increased and maximum range of knee motion post surgery and a short hospital stay.
Disadvantages of minimally invasive surgery for total knee replacement surgery:
The advantages of minimally invasive surgery outweigh the disadvantages but still you should be aware of these disadvantages:
- High tech and modified surgical equipment are required for minimally invasive surgery for knee replacement.
- Use of expensive modern equipment makes the treatment through minimally invasive surgery costlier.
- Doctors and surgeons also require special training in performing surgery through minimally invasive techniques.
- Various serious cases require longer time in conducting surgeries.
- Sometimes, the artificial components known as implants, are poorly fit or misaligned.
- Knee replacement surgeries performed too soon can create complications in the knee functioning and at times, patients have to undergo multiple surgeries to correct them later in their life.
However, at Yashoda Hospital & Research Centre, Nehru Nagar, Ghaziabad, you will not face any such issues: all procedures are performed by the best orthopedic doctors in Delhi NCR using the latest technology at comparatively affordable prices and with no complications.
Minimally Invasive Knee Replacement Surgery VERSUS Traditional Open Surgery for Knee Replacement
- In minimally invasive surgery, an incision of around 3-4 inches is made while the size of the incision in traditional open surgery for knee replacement is around 6-8 inches.
- In traditional open surgery, before inserting the implant, the shin bone has to be dislocated from the thigh bone while in minimally invasive surgery, there is no need to dislocate such bones.
- In traditional open surgery, some soft tissues along with the quadriceps muscles (located at the front of the thigh) are cut whereas in minimally invasive surgery, instead of cutting these muscles, they are either pushed or shifted.
- In order to get an access to the bone which form the knee joint, surgeons have to turn the kneecap over to 180 degrees while in minimally invasive surgery, the knee cap is just pushed a bit to get an access to the kneecap.
- The amount of blood loss in minimally invasive surgery is less compared to the traditional open surgery.
- Minimally invasive surgery takes lesser time to recover than traditional open surgery.
Orthopedic surgeons and doctors at Yashoda Hospital & Research Centre, Nehru Nagar, Ghaziabad use minimally invasive technique for total knee arthroplasty also known as total knee replacement surgery. It involves the use of modified surgical instruments to place clinically approved implants through the small incision. This modern revolutionized procedure results in a
swift and trouble-free recovery with good early range of knee motion and enhanced knee function.
Best orthopedics surgeons and doctors for minimally invasive total knee replacement surgery in Ghaziabad & Delhi NCR
Dr. Vipin Tyagi is the Director/HOD of Orthopedics Trauma and Joint Replacement at Yashoda Hospital. He is one of the best orthopedic surgeons in Delhi NCR. He has an experience of more than 37 years and has performed over 20,000 surgeries including complex fractures, complicated spine surgeries and hip and knee replacement surgeries.
Dr. Ajay Panwar is the Senior orthopaedics Consultant and Surgeon. He specialises in knee replacement, joint replacement, orthopedic trauma, hip and knee arthroplasty surgeries and sports injuries. He has performed serious and complicated knee replacement surgeries with great results.
Dr. Rahul Kakran is the best orthopaedics doctor in Delhi NCR. He has an experience of over 11 years in treating fractures and dislocated joints and more than 6 years of experience in treating spinal and joint pathology. He specialises in performing minimally invasive spine surgeries such as percutaneous pedicle screw fixation, TLIF, balloon kyphoplasty, microendoscopic discectomy with a vast experience of 500+ surgeries.