Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS)
Endoscopic ultrasound is a minimally invasive procedure to assess the digestive system and lung diseases. It’s a type of endoscopic examination. In this procedure, a thin tube is inserted into the mouth and down the stomach and the first part of the small intestine, the duodenum.
In a special endoscopy, high-frequency sound waves produce detailed images of the lining and walls of the digestive system, chest, and nearby organs such as the pancreas and lymph nodes, and bile ducts.
These sound waves are then converted into black-and-white images which have to be examined by the doctor. EUS allows you to get very detailed images of the pancreas.
This whole procedure usually takes anywhere between 20 and 45 minutes. To diagnose the problem, it is combined with a procedure called a fine-needle aspiration (FNAS), which removes fluid or tissue for a biopsy or sample.
EUS involves the use of minimal instruments in the body as compared to the active surgery process and hence is very advanced and significant.
The endoscopist can see the pancreas and other organs very clearly which cannot be seen with a CT scan or Magnetic Resonance Cholangio-Pancreatography (MRCP), a special type of magnetic resonance image. CT scans expose patients to radiation; some patients may be unable to get a CT scan because of allergies or kidney problems.
In that case, patients would have to visit the facility for diagnosis, which is a much more efficient and effective procedure.
This facility is available at Yashoda Hospital & Research Centre, Nehru Nagar, Ghaziabad. With the most experienced doctors and at highly affordable prices, Yashoda Hospital is the leading hospital in Delhi NCR for getting EUS.
When does a doctor recommend EUS?
- To identify cancers of the oesophagus, stomach, pancreas, and the terminating section of the anus.
- Diagnosis of chronic pancreatic cancer and cysts.
- Check for abnormalities in the bile duct, such as stones in the bile duct or gall bladder.
- Identification of lumps or bumps which may be hiding in the intestinal wall covered by the normal lining of the intestinal tract.
- 5. Detection of lung cancer.
- A study of the lower rectum and anal canal if there is a lack of voluntary control over
List of advanced services provided at Yashoda Hospital & Research Centre, Nehru Nagar, Ghaziabad
- Upper gastrointestinal endoscopy
- Biopsy of an upper gastrointestinal tract lesion, an abnormal area of tissue inside the body that could be cancerous.
- Sclerotherapy is used for the detection of small veins that are twisted or swollen
- Injection medication for the treatment of bleeding gastric and ulcers in the duodenum
- Surgical removal of the polyps which is an abnormal growth of tissues on the mucous membrane
- Pancreatic and bile duct stone removal
- Stenting for cancerous or non-cancerous strictures – A stricture restricts the flow of urine from the gallbladder which can cause many medical issues in the urinary tract.
- The placement of the nasojejunal tube which is a thin and soft tube that is put in through the nose and ends in the jejunum (part of the small intestine) is mainly used for feeding patients.
- Detection of gallbladder cancer
- Sigmoidoscopy is a test to examine the rectum and lower part of the large intestine (colon).
- Lithotripsy is a procedure to break stones present in the kidney or urethra by means of shockwaves. These shock waves cause them to pass out of the body. It is accomplished using CBD, which is a drug used to relieve pain.
Expert doctors at Yashoda Hospital & Research Centre, Nehru Nagar, Ghaziabad
The team highly skilled gastroenterologists & hepatologists at Yashoda Hospital & Research Centre, Nehru Nagar, Ghaziabad are considered to be the most experienced and skilled doctors to perform ERCP, EUS and capsule endoscopy.
They have immense experience in the field of bile ducts and pancreatic cancers. They are experts in liver-related procedures such as diagnostic and therapeutic upper gastrointestinal endoscopy and colonoscopy.
An EUS report should be carefully examined to identify the exact problems. This can only be done by the highly experienced and highly qualified doctors that we find at Yashoda Hospital & Research Centre.
Price of Endoscopic Ultrasound in India & the procedure
Endoscopy cost in India ranges from Rs.1000 to Rs. 3000. It is a non-surgical procedure named after the instrument called the endoscope; a long, thin, and flexible tube with a camera attached to it.
In an endoscopy, the doctor inserts the endoscope into openings such as the mouth or rectum. They can also make a small incision in the body to reach the nearest problematic site in the patient’s body.
Yashoda Hospital & Research Centre with its highly skilled gastroenterologists &
hepatologists – Dr. Manish Kumar Gupta and Dr. Sushrut Singh provide the most effective ERCP at the most affordable prices.
We have a dedicated and highly specialized world-class gastroenterology & hepatology department that provides all gastro, intestinal & pancreatic-related diagnostics, surgeries, and treatments under the same roof.
To book your appointment, www.yashodahealthcare.com.