Paediatric Pulmonology at Centre for Child Health offer comprehensive facilities for children from newborns till adolescents associated with various respiratory problems. We strive to provide the highest level of care to each child, by identifying and understand the problems the patient is having and evaluating it to create the most comprehensive personalised treatment plan.
Our highly qualified and trained Pulmonologists treat Asthma, Pneumonia, Wheezing, Bronchitis within sophisticated facilities designed for the patient, to help start the road to a healthy, normal life.
At Yashoda Hospital, we ensure that each of our patients receives the most accurate testing procedures available and superior medical therapies.
What is Pediatric Pulmonology?
Pediatric pulmonologists are experts in treating children with breathing problems. Common medical conditions we treat include:
Frequently, patients visit pediatric pulmonologists to consult and determine if their child's wheezing is asthma or something else.
Other medical conditions treated by pediatric pulmonologists include:
- Apnea (where the babies with apnea will stop breathing, or "forget" to breathe.)
- Technology-dependent children (Some children require the assistance of oxygen and/or a respirator to help them breathe.)
- Cystic Fibrosis (Cystic Fibrosis is a heridetary conditions that causes an excessive accumulation of mucus in the lungs.)
At Yashoda Hospital, we offer pulmonary function testing and flexible fiberoptic bronchoscopy (FFB) which delivers the best medical care to your child. We provide pulmonary function testing, that can be performed in multiple ways to determine a better way children of various ages.
What Are The Services We Provide At The Paediatric Pulmonology and Sleep Medicine?
Some of the latest services we offer include:
- Paediatric / Neonatal Flexible Bronchoscopy
- Flexible Bronchoscopic
- Foreign Body Extraction
- Rigid Bronchoscopy
- Sweat Chloride Testing
- Pulmonary function testing
- Lung Function Testing
- Impulse Oscillometry
- 24 hrs. Oesophageal Ph Monitoring
- Lung Volumes
- Paediatric Sleep Studies
- Video-fluoroscopic Evaluation of Swallow
- Gastro Esophageal Reflux (GER) Scans
What Are The Medical Conditions We Treat Under The Paediatric Pulmonology and Sleep Medicine?
We provide care to patients with conditions such as:
- Chronic Cough
- Atypical under five wheezes
- Difficult-to-control Asthma
- Tuberculosis with complications
- Drug-Resistant Tuberculosis
- Recurrent and Persistent Pneumonia
- Interstitial Lung Disease
- Suppurative Lung Disease including
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Disorders associated with Respiratory problems, such as:
- Treatment of airway foreign bodies
What are the Tests and Procedures provided at Yashoda Hospital?
We provide comprehensive diagnostic testing and therapeutic procedures, including:
- Flexible fiberoptic bronchoscopy, that enables pulmonologists to look inside the lungs with a fiberoptic scope.
- Imaging studies
- Computerized axial tomography (CAT or CT) scan
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Oxygen and carbon dioxide monitoring
- Pulmonary function testing
- Sweat test ( to measure the amount of sodium and chloride in the patients sweat).
- Bronchoalveolar lavage( to diagnose and determine the progression of lung disease)
- Laryngoscopy( a simple procedure that is used to examines the larynx using either a small mirror which is held against the back of the palate, or a viewing tube called a laryngoscope)
- Thoracentesis( a procedure to extract the fluid from the space between the lining of the outside of the lungs and the wall of the chest)