Nowadays with the inception of cosmetic surgeries and trends, women are undergoing various facial and body surgeries to keep their youth and beauty intact. Cosmetic gynaecological procedures such as Vaginal tightening are in the vogue these days and are catching the eye of a lot of women in India and across the globe.
Vaginal tightening surgery is performed to recover the laxity of vaginas which they lose over years due to a number of reasons with the help of technical and surgical procedures. It also helps in treating various vaginal injuries, and pelvic floor diseases and complications.
CAUSES OF VAGINAL LOOSENING
- Getting older: As we age, the vaginal muscles lose their laxity due to the drip in estrogen production after menopause. This may lead to dryness and loosening of the vagina along with itchiness and irritation.
- Vaginal Child Delivery: It is one of the main and prominent reasons which are responsible for getting a loose vagina. During childbirth, the vaginal muscles stretch to the greatest extent to push the baby out. This expansion can lead to the permanent loss of laxity of vaginal walls and muscles.
- Injuries or accidents: Some tragic incident or any sort of vaginal injury may be responsible for a ruptured or loose vagina.
NEED FOR VAGINAL TIGHTENING
Vaginal tightening addresses both cosmetic and medical needs and requirements. Some of these include:
- To improve sexual activities by repairing defects or trauma caused by childbirth.
- For cancer patients who need vaginal reconstructions because of the treatment.
- To treat functional deformities such as urinary inconvenience and bladder control problems.
- Due to the social pressure of being a virgin or for those who have been a victim of tragic incidents.
TYPES OF VAGINAL TIGHTENING SURGERIES:
There are mainly two types of vaginal tightening treatments that are available these days :
Vaginoplasty or Posterior Colporrhaphy is a cosmetic surgical procedure performed to tighten the loose vaginal muscles with the help of surgical equipment such as sutures and stitches.
- LASER/RADIO FREQUENCY TIGHTENING
In this, high-frequency radio radiation or lasers are used to treat loose vaginal muscles and retain the laxity of the vaginal walls.
However, Laser Vaginal Tightening Treatment is the preferred treatment over the Vaginoplasty due to its advantages and benefits. These include:
- Being a non-invasive treatment, it does not require any incisions or cuts to be made.
- It is painless and the patient does not feel anything except tingling sensations.
- The risks or complications after the surgery are reduced to almost zero because of its incision-free or non-invasive nature.
- The patient can resume their daily routine immediately after the procedure due to less operative time.
- No follow-ups or post-surgery checkups are required which are mandatory in case of vaginoplasty.
DIAGNOSTIC OR PRE-SURGERY PROCEDURES:
On making the decision for the surgery, the patient should consult the doctor or gynaecologist for further information about the procedure.
- The doctor will provide all the necessary information and provide in detail how the procedure will be performed and the potential risks and complications related to the procedure.
- He might ask you the reason why you want to go for the surgery and may provide you with some counseling.
- After taking your consent, the doctors will run routine medical and pathological tests such as urine, blood, etc., and vaginal examination to know the current health of the patient along with the prior medical history.
- On the basis of the test results and diagnosis, the doctors will advise which surgical procedure will be appropriate for the patient.
- After taking into account all the necessary information, the doctors proceed with the surgery.
For getting genuine and best consultation, contact Yashoda Hospital & Research Institute at Nehru Nagar, Ghaziabad which provides a team of experienced doctors and specialists.
Depending upon the type of surgery performed, different procedures are undertaken. The step-by-step guides to the procedures of both surgeries are given below:
- The patient is given general or local anaesthesia, depending upon the extent of the area treated or the patient’s preference.
- After giving the anaesthesia, a pie-shaped wedge is marked on the vaginal muscles by the gynecologist. The amount of skin removed depends on the scale of tightening required.
- Under the marked skin, vaginal sutures are put on the vaginal tissue. This tightens the vaginal canal.
- With the help of these sutures, the mucosal skin is closed or stitched up.
- At last, the doctor removes any extra skin if left.
- The entire vaginoplasty takes around 45-90 minutes.
In Laser/Radio Frequency Treatment:
- Being a non-invasive procedure, no anaesthesia is required in most cases.
- In this, the doctors put a sanitized laser probe into the vagina.
- After insertion, the laser energy is released from the probe on the vaginal tissues leading to collagen production, thus, resulting in a tight vagina.
- The procedure takes around 20 minutes to complete.
RISK AND SURGICAL COMPLICATIONS:
Being a non-invasive treatment the risk of any potential complications after the surgery in the Laser V Tightening treatment is reduced to almost zero. However, there can be some potential risks and complications associated with Vaginoplasty due to the incisions or cuts made. These include:
- Increased dryness
- Infection in the wound or its adjacent areas
- Temporary numbness in the treated area
- Mild pain or discomfort during the initial days of sexual intercourse after the surgery
- Loss of sensitivity
However, the most harmful side effects such as permanent numbness, constant pain, etc might become chronic if the patient fails to follow the initial steps advised by the doctor at the inception of the surgery.
Though it’s completely one’s choice to go for the surgery or procedures, it is highly recommended that one should get all the essential knowledge of the procedure and potential risks and complications from a professional or specialist prior to the operation. Additionally, being a financially draining and risky procedure, it is suggested that one should not opt for it due to invalid reasons like societal pressure, etc., and have a proper counseling session before making any decisions.
Book an appointment at Yashoda Hospital to consult with our gynecology experts.