Gastrointestinal (GI) Disorders: Symptoms, Causes, Best Hospitasl Or Doctor For Gastrointestinal Disorders Treatment in Ghaziabad & Delhi NCR
Gastrointestinal Disorders or diseases are referred for any condition or uneasiness within the gastrointestinal tract. The gastrointestinal tract is a series of organs which starts from our mouth and ends with our anus. The organs that form our GI tract are mouth, esophagus, stomach, small intestine, large intestine and anus. The gastrointestinal tract with our liver, gallbladder and pancreas together makes the digestive system. Various nerves and hormones work as a team to regulate the functioning of the digestive system. Bacteria known as gut microbiota live inside our digestive system which are a category of microorganisms; (microorganisms comprise of bacteria, archaea and fungi that live in the human body and other living organisms). Nothing to be worried of, they help mainly in digestion and immunity.
Most common symptoms of gastrointestinal disorders are as follows:
- Sudden vomiting and nausea (uneasiness in the stomach which occurs beforevomiting)
- Unexpected weight loss
- Loss of appetite
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Abdominal discomfort such as bloating (gas build up in the stomach and intestines)
- Diarrhea and constipation
- Fecal incontinence (leakage of stools while passing gas)
- Fatigue without any reason
Causes of gastrointestinal disorders:
- A low fibre diet
Fibre is present in huge amounts in fruits and vegetables. It helps in breaking down the food which aids digestion of certain foods because of the presence of useful bacteria (digestion friendly microorganisms). A low fibre diet can make the process of digestion harder leading to digestion problems.
- Taking a lot of dairy products in a single day
Milk and cheese are loaded with fats and proteins which are difficult to digest, so taking the same in large amounts is not good news for the digestive system.
- Not drinking enough water
Water is an elixir for the whole body. It cleanses the body and makes it easier for the digestive system to break the food into smaller granules more easily and smoothly. It also helps in easy absorption of the nutrients. Hence, it is very important to drink water in reasonable quantities which amounts to 7 to 8 glasses of water everyday in order to stay away from digestion problems.
- Stress and anxiety
Stress is also one of the reasons behind digestive tract problems according to researchers. The gut microbiota is hugely affected by a stressed state of mind. The two make two-way communication (between the brain and digestive system); hence any stress can adversely affect the digestive process.
- Genetic factors
This is some things which are not in our hands such as genetic digestive disorders like pancreatic cancer or cystic fibrosis. However, the good news is that various medical researchers have concluded that these can be controlled by adopting a healthy lifestyle like doing regular exercises and eating healthy foods.
Treatment of gastrointestinal diseases at Yashoda Hospital & Research Centre, Nehru Nagar, Ghaziabad
Yashoda Hospital & Research Centre, Nehru Nagar, Ghaziabad is one of the leading hospitals in Delhi NCR providing all specialities under the same roof. It makes every effort to treat every patient with utmost care and sincerity. The values of Yashoda Hospital include giving of the best services for every disease with best quality equipment in lines with international standards. Every advanced facility to treat all chronic diseases are available at Yashoda. Latest advanced technologies like laparoscopic surgery, EUS (Endoscopic Ultrasound), ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangio-Pancreatography), as well as diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to treat gastrointestinal diseases, are available at Yashoda Hospital.
Other advanced medical treatments to treat GI Diseases are as follows:
- Diagnosis and removal of bile duct cysts through laser lithotripsy
- Pancreatic stenting
- Diagnosis and treatment of duodenum (first part of the small intestine) cancer
- Detection of gallbladder cancer
- Biopsy of upper gastrointestinal tract
- Glue injection (special type of super glue injection used to cut off the main veins as well as seal the defective vein) for gastric varices
- Sigmoidoscopy, a test to examine the lower part of the large intestine and the final section of the large intestine
- Placement of nasojejunal tube
- Facility of papillotomy
- Percutaneous endoscopic gastronomy procedure to insert a feeding tube
- Esophageal stenting – In this procedure, a stent is placed so that a blocked area can be opened enabling the patient to swallow food.
- Ileo-Scopy which is an endoscopic procedure that uses a small camera attached to a scope to examine the lower portion of the small intestine. It is majorly used to diagnose the causes of internal bleeding and Crohn’s disease (chronic inflammatory small intestine disease that affects the inner lining of the digestive tract).
Best Doctors (Gastroenterologists) For Gastrointestinal Diseases at Yashoda Hospital & Research Centre, Nehru Nagar, Ghaziabad
The gastroenterologists at Yashoda Hospital & Research Centre provide quality services with their experience and knowledge. The team of doctors for gastroenterology at Yashoda Hospital comprise of Dr. Manish Kumar Gupta who is the senior consultant and Dr. Sushrut Singh, consultant, Gastroenterology & Hepatology; both the specialists possess a large experience, having worked at various hospitals and medical institutes. They are highly proficient and skilled in diagnosing any gastrointestinal disease by using Endoscopic Ultrasound, Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangio-Pancreatography and various other diagnostic tests along with suggesting the best therapeutic procedures for treating all gastro-related diseases.