Facial Fillers: Types, Benefits, Procedure, Complications, Best Hospitals or Dermatologist For Facial Fillers in Ghaziabad or Delhi NCR
Wrinkles develop as you grow old and lose fat from the face. In order to help restore the skin by softening the wrinkles, dermal fillers are injected into the skin. Facial fillers are injected after applying local anesthesia, thus providing you a youthful looking skin with fullness on the face.
The types of wrinkles and fillers used will decide how long the treatment will last. It is possible that you may experience certain discomfort and swelling for nearly a week and bruises after getting facial fillers. You may also require touch-up injections as decided by your surgeon after regular time intervals. People in their mid-50s generally undergo this procedure. Facial fillers may last from 4 months to more than a year.
We, at Yashoda Hospital & Research Centre, Nehru Nagar, Ghaziabad, are always committed to provide you with all the essential information that may help you know about various health concerns. This blog will help you in knowing more about facial fillers, its types, benefits and risks.
What are facial fillers?
Wrinkles on your skin may develop as a result of loss of collagen fibres and elasticity with old age. To get youthful skin, you can opt for facial fillers to get rid of wrinkles at a much cheaper rate compared to facelift surgery. These fillers play the role of volumizers by lifting and plumbing the cheeks, jawline, chin and temples. Thin lips may also be filled in by using fillers. There exist different types of fillers depending on the type of wrinkles.
Wrinkles may be categorized into two types: dynamic and static. Dynamic wrinkles occur due to muscular activity during facial movements while static wrinkles occur due to the skin losing elasticity and collagen with old age. In static wrinkles, folds and lines are seen even if the face is relaxed. Generally, facial fillers are used for static wrinkles to manage the volume loss in the smile lines and cheeks. These fillers help in enhancing the volume of the face thereby, improving the sunken cheekbones and may also help in plumping up the lips.
Types of Facial fillers
There are many types of facial fillers for wrinkles and dermatologists may recommend any of them as per your needs such as:
- Hyaluronic Acid Fillers: Hyaluronic acid being the component tissue in the skin, these fillers help in increasing the secretion of collagen fibres in the body, thus reducing fine lines and wrinkles.
- Collagen Wrinkle Fillers: These fillers are developed from collagen, which is purified after extraction from the cow. Since these fillers are derived from an animal source, they may cause allergies.
- Calcium Hydroxyapatite: These fillers help in treating deeper wrinkles and restoring the volume of the cheeks.
- Fat Grafting: Fat from the lower abdomen is removed through liposuction, and injected into the lips, forehead or cheeks.
- Permanent Soft Tissue Fillers: These fillers are used to smoothen deep wrinkles around the mouth. However, they stay in the skin forever as the body is unable to break them down and hence, they should be seen as an irreversible decision due to their dispersion nature; any surgical removal attempts can be very complex and may not be possible. Hence, these fillers are generally not recommended if you are undergoing a facial filler treatment for the first-time.
- Poly-L-Lactic Acid Fillers: These fillers have to be injected 2-3 times and work for nearly 2 years. They help in restoring the facial volumes lost due to ageing.
Does everyone qualify for facial fillers?
People who have dynamic wrinkles must opt for botox while facial fillers may be used by people who have static wrinkles. People who have suppressed immune systems or are using anticoagulant medications cannot use facial fillers.
Procedure of facial fillers
Dermatologists at Yashoda Hospital & Research Centre, Nehru Nagar, Ghaziabad, are highly trained with years of experience. They understand your needs and provide you with the best care and support. They only recommend CDSCO-approved facial fillers for your wrinkles. Before the use of fillers, the doctor will inspect the area of the face that has to be augmented. Using an anti-bacterial solution, the face will be cleaned, followed by applying local anesthesia on the site of the treatment. Slowly, the doctor will inject the fillers in your face. In order to minimize the discomfort, you may apply an ice pack on the site of injection.
What happens after getting facial fillers?
You may find swelling or scarring on the face after getting facial fillers. Hence, take care of your diet as the bump may make it difficult to eat or drink. To preserve the filler, you may have to apply sunscreen daily on the face; the sunscreen will also help you in protecting against post inflammatory pigment changes that may arise because of the use of needles in injections.
Benefits of facial fillers
Facial fillers being low- risk procedures, are a long- term way to remove or reduce wrinkles. You will find fewer fine lines on the face after getting the procedure done; your bone structure will become more visible, increasing your aesthetic appeal.
Usually, facial fillers are safe procedures; however, some of the complications that may develop after getting them done are illustrated below:
- Occurrence of allergic reactions or infections throughout the body or at the site of the injection.
- Bleeding due to damage to blood vessels.
- Tiny bumps under the skin.
- Bluishness of the skin, discoloration or the Tyndall effect.
- Skin cells may die if the fillers are not used properly.
- Scarring and irregularity of the firmness of the skin.
This procedure is done under the guidance of an experienced and highly trained cosmetic surgeon or cosmetic dermatologist and takes only 30 minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How long do these fillers last?
These fillers may last up to 4 months to a year.
Are facial fillers harmful for the face?
The skin may stretch, leading to wrinkling of the lips and ageing of the skin if the doctors use excessive fillers.
At what age should you get fillers?
You may use facial fillers as and when your body starts losing bone and collagen; this generally happens after your mid-40s. Most women use fillers in their mid-50s to minimize wrinkles and tighten the loose skin.
What should be the duration of time after which I may get the fillers?
In case of lip fillers, you may require touch-up after every 3-6 months. In case of nose fillers, you may require a touch-up between 6-12 months.
Need to consult a dermatologist for facial fillers in Ghaziabad or Delhi NCR?
The Department of Dermatology & Cosmetology at Yashoda Hospital & Research Centre, Nehru Nagar, Ghaziabad, is always ready to provide you the best care you may need in case of all skin issues and illness(es). Our team of highly-skilled and well-experienced skin specialists are always here to help you stay healthy with a glowing skin using advanced technologies.
Dr. Rajeev Jain, with more than 18 years of experience, specializes in treating a wide range of skin conditions and diseases such as psoriasis, eczema and dermatitis. Besides this, he has had comprehensive training in performing various types of skin surgeries including cosmetic procedures also.
Dr. Anup Kumar Tiwary has done his MD in Dermatology from Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences, Ranchi with national observership and fellowship in Dermatology, Hair Transplant and Laser (MIADVL). He is highly skilled and proficient in the field of Dermatology and Cosmetology with specialization in cosmetic procedures such as PRP therapy, botulinum toxins, fillers and lasers for different skin and hair problems.