Colonoscopy Cost (Colonoscopy Test Price), Procedure & Preparation for Colonoscopy
A colonoscopy is an examination or test of the colon particularly, which includes doctors checking for abnormalities or diseases in a patient’s large intestine and/or rectum.
During a colonoscopy, a long, flexible tube (colonoscope) is inserted into the rectum. A tiny video camera at the tip of the tube allows the doctor to view the inside of the entire colon.
Our doctors at Yashoda Hospital & Research Centre, Nehru Nagar, Ghaziabad, may recommend a colonoscopy to:
- Investigate intestinal signs and symptoms A colonoscopy can help doctors in exploring the possible causes of abdominal pain, rectal bleeding, chronic constipation, chronic diarrhoea and other intestinal problems.
- Screen for colon cancerIf you’re aged 50 or older and at average risk of colon cancer or you have no colon cancer risk factors other than age, our doctors may recommend a colonoscopy every 10 years at times earlier than that to screen for colon cancer. A colonoscopy is one of the options for colon cancer screening.
- Look for more polypsIf you have had polyps before, our doctors may recommend a follow-up colonoscopy test to look for and remove any additional polyps.
This is done to reduce your risk of colon cancer. Colonoscopy being a routine procedure, may have a few typical effects on the body:
- Bleeding from the biopsy site, if a biopsy was performed
- A negative reaction to the sedative being used
- A tear in the rectal wall or colon
However, these are rare complications. The doctors at Yashoda Hospital & Research Centre are the best for colonoscopy tests in the whole of Delhi NCR and Ghaziabad.
Preparation for Colonoscopy
Cleansing the bowel is an essential prerequisite for a successful colonoscopy. The doctor will provide specific instructions on how to do this. They may recommend:
- Dietary changes: The day before the procedure, it may be necessary to make some dietary changes, such as eating only a light breakfast and lunch with no evening meal or consuming a liquid-only diet.
- Clear liquids only: The doctor may ask the patient to drink only water, broth, tea and/or coffee without milk the day before the procedure.
- Laxatives: It is usually necessary to take laxatives the day before the procedure, either in pill or liquid form.
- Enemas: Some people may need to use an enema kit the night before or the morning of the procedure.
- Showering or bathing: It is a good idea to shower or bathe before the examination. People taking any medications or supplements should discuss the same with their respective doctors. Yashoda Hospital & Research Centre located in Nehru Nagar is the leading colonoscopy hospital in Ghaziabad.
Before getting your colonoscopy done, it is important to make the doctor aware of medications for:
- Thinning of the blood (such as aspirin or warfarin)
- Diabetes, hypertension (high blood pressure) or heart problems
- Contains iron
When to follow up with our doctors?
You are likely to have gas and/or bloating as the primary symptoms. Give this some time to get out of your system. If it continues for many days, it could mean that there is a problem and that you should contact your respective doctor.
Also, a little bit of blood in your stool after the procedure is normal. However, call our leading doctors at Yashoda Hospital & Research Centre, Nehru Nagar, Ghaziabad, if you:
- Continue to pass blood or blood clots
- Experience abdominal pain
- Have a fever over 100°F (37.8°C)
In India, the average cost of a colonoscopy is usually between Rs.9525 to Rs.22,225. However, the colonoscopy cost varies depending on various factors such as any previous illness(es) of the patient, sample removal for biopsy, etc.
Yashoda Hospital & Research Centre, Nehru Nagar is the best colonoscopy hospital in Delhi NCR and Ghaziabad, with a pre-eminent team of doctors, the best in Delhi NCR and Ghaziabad.
Specialists at Yashoda Hospital & Research Centre, Nehru Nagar, Ghaziabad
Dr Manish Kumar Gupta (Senior Consultant, Gastroenterology & Hepatology)
Dr Manish Kumar Gupta is a very renowned and highly experienced gastroenterologist in Delhi NCR. He is recognized for his work in chronic liver disease, pancreatitis and IBD (Inflammatory Bowel Disease). He is also an expert in diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy, ERCP, EUS, and capsule endoscopy.
Dr Sushrut Singh (Consultant, Gastroenterology & Hepatology)
Dr Sushrut Singh is considered one of the pre-eminent gastroenterologists & hepatologists. He currently works in the Department of Gastroenterology & Hepatology at Yashoda Hospital & Research Centre, Nehru Nagar, Ghaziabad. Having pursued both his M.B.B.S. and M.D. from the King George’s Medical College, Lucknow, he went on to complete his postgraduate super-speciality in Hepatology from the only Liver University in Asia from the Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences (ILBS), New Delhi.